Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Side-Step dimensional card

This is another card for the application process.  I got the idea for the actual card base from splitcoaststampers.com.


The roses, both the blue and the red polka dot, are handmade.  They are each stamped with individual petals from a Stampin' Up! set.  After I stamped each petal, I cut each one out, I shaped it, and then assembled the roses.  So, yeah, they were a lot of work, but aren't they pretty!?!


Here's a close up of the blue roses.  After I had assembled and realized that the roses were white on the back side or outside, I took my distress ink and my water brush and added color, so no white showed.  This was fun to do and it allowed me to do some shading.


Close up of the stair-step side...  The vine and leaves are stamped and embossed.  I added dots of Glossy Accents as dew.  The sentiment is a Hero Arts clear stamp.  I also distressed the edges and used a border punch on the bottom panel.


I love how this card turned out...  I loved it so much, I made a duplicate of the card for James for our anniversary.  I changed the sentiment, and he loved it...  (He knows better than to criticize too much--I cry--hee hee)

No comments:

Post a Comment