Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Card--Shabby Chic


First, sorry the photo is sideways...  I promise it was upright and every time I've uploaded it's sideways...

So, this card, I love this one, it is a total favorite.

I started with white card stock and painted it with black acrylic paint.  After the paint dried, I stamped the fleur de lis/flourish with VersaMark and embossed with clear embossing powder.

After the embossed images cooled, I took a light green acrylic paint and pounced it randomly on the piece.  Then I also used an off-white color and an antique gold.  Pouncing these around blended the colors and created a faux patina-esque finish.  After the paint dried, I used a damp paper towel to wipe the paint from the embossed images.  I did have to redo a little bit of the painted areas, but I know next time to allow the paint to dry a little longer.

I stamped the butterflies in the antique gold paint, when they were dry I applied a little bit of Peeled Paint Distress Stickles.

The sentiment was stamped on a separate piece of card stock.  The corners are punched using the scallop Corner Chompers and the edges distressed with Distress Ink, Pumice Stone.  It is adhered with pop ups.  The ribbon at the top is by Pebbles.

I love this shabby chic look, it is a fun look and while it does take a few steps and some time to achieve a vintage type look, I think this card turned out terrific.

No comments:

Post a Comment