Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Liberty Single Layout

This one is my favorite recent layout.  Photos are mounted on Walnut Cream cardstock, my most recent favorite color of cardstock.  The one thing that is hard to see in the photo is on the dark gray background piece, I used a script stamp with VersaMark to create the background.


The stamp is by Stampendous, "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness".  I stamped and embossed it, distressed the paper with Pumice Stone Distress Ink, double matted on red and blue, and used mini gold star brads on either side.  Top photo is matted, has medium gold stars in the upper right corner and natural twine wrapped around the bottom.  


Here is the entire view of the layout.  I still look at this layout and am in awe, over the gorgeous photos (taken by my brother).  I am amazed at the grandeur of the bald eagle.  I get chills when I think about this symbol of our country and get verklempt over how looking at this makes me feel.  The beauty...  The patriotism...  The intense look of the eagle in the top photo, something about it reminds me of how we look at those who defy us as a country, or those who are enemies of our allies, it's a "don't mess with me look."  I just love it and I am reminded of how thankful I am to be an American and how especially grateful I am for the men and women of our military.


The three lower photos have the natural twine tied around them, and have a gold spiral clip at the top of each photo.  The bottom piece is stamped multiple time with a stamp by Northwoods.  I ten colored in the areas with Copic markers.  I also distressed the piece with Pumice Stone Distress Ink.  It is double matted on red and blue.

1 comment: